6,924 total views
What is Lyme Disease?
Lyme Disease symptoms can very but usually involves a skin rash and joint pain (arthritis).
and below we told many more symptoms of Lyme disease (YouTube)
Lyme disease is a bacterial disease spread by blacklegged Ticks.
Lyme disease is caused by bacteria called Borrelia Burgdorferi.
The disease occurs worldwide and throughout the U.S. the states with the highest number of cases are in the Northeast and the upper-mid west United states. (white blood Cells)
Causes of Lyme disease?
People get L. disease through the bite of an infected tick (vactor).
The tick must attach for at least 24 hours to transmit the bacteria.
Immature ticks called Nymphs, are the transmission source of L. disease in humans.
They are much smaller than adult ticks and harder to see.
They most commonly bite during spring and summer.
Adult ticks can also transmit L. disease bacteria.
They are much larger and are more likely to be discovered and removed. Adult ticks most commonly bite during the fall.
Lyme Disease not transmitted.
There is no evidence that Lyme disease is transmitted from person-to-person through touching, kissing, or having sex with a person who has Lyme disease.
Lyme disease acquired during pregnancy may lead to infection of the placenta and possible stillbirth.
Therefore, early diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease is important during pregnancy.
However, no negative effects on the fetus have been found when the mother receives appropriate antibiotic treatment.
There are no reports of L. disease transmission through breast milk or blood transfusion.
Symptoms of Lyme Disease?
Lyme Disease symptoms start 1 to 2 weeks after infection ( tick bite).
A small re bump may develop at the site of the tick bite, it may slowly spread into a large circular Bulls-Eye type rush.
not all people infected get the rush.
Signs and symptoms of early Lyme disease include:
- Skin rash, called erythema migrans
- Fatigue ( hiv/aids symptoms, causes, blood test and treatment)
- Chills and fever
- Muscle and joint pain
- Swollen lymph nodes
Erythema migrans is a reddish or purple colored rash that usually appears 3–14 days after the bite of an infected tick.
It typically appears at the site of the tick bite, is round or oval, and expands gradually over the course of several days.
Common sites are the thighs, groin, trunk, and armpits. The center of the rash may clear as it enlarges, eventually resulting in a “bull’s-eye” appearance; however, this is not always the case.
The rash may be warm, but it usually is not painful.
Some patients with early Lyme disease do not have or notice any rash and instead just have “flu-like” symptoms of fever, fatigue, and muscle aches.
Not all rashes that occur at the site of a tick bite are due to Lyme disease.
An allergic reaction to tick saliva can also occur and be confused with an erythema migrans rash.
Allergic reactions to tick saliva usually appear within a few hours after the tick bite, usually do not expand, and disappear within a few days.
Late Lyme Disease Symptoms:
Late Lyme disease: Some signs and symptoms of Lyme disease may not appear until weeks or months after a tick bite:
Arthritis is most likely to appear as brief bouts of pain and swelling, usually in one or more large joints, especially the knees.
Nervous system symptoms can include numbness, pain, nerve paralysis (often of the facial muscles, usually on one side), and meningitis (fever, stiff neck, and severe headache).
Rarely, irregularities of the Heart rhythm may occur.
Problems with memory or concentration, fatigue, headache, and sleep disturbances sometimes persist after treatment.
Avoid late L. disease by promptly treating L. disease.
How to Diagnosis Lyme Disease?
Healthcare providers should consider the following factors when diagnosing Lyme disease:
History of possible exposure to ticks in areas where Lyme disease is known to occur
Signs and symptoms suggestive of the illness ( Test for bladder cancer detection )
Results of blood tests
CDC recommends the use of FDA-cleared tests for Lyme disease testing.
These tests measure antibodies that the body makes against Lyme disease bacteria.
It can take several weeks after infection for the body to produce measurable levels of antibodies.
This means that patients can have a negative blood test result if tested in the first weeks after infection.
Healthcare providers should consider treating patients for Lyme disease without running a test if the patient has a history of exposure and has signs and symptoms suggestive of early Lyme disease.
Positive Result of Lyme Disease
People who have been infected for longer than 4–6 weeks will almost always test positive.
A negative test in a patient with arthritis or other long-standing symptoms is strong evidence that Lyme disease is not the cause of their illness.
The immune system continues to make the antibodies for months or years after the infection is gone. This means that:
Once a patient tests positive, he or she will continue to test positive for months to years even when the bacteria are no longer present.
For people concerned about re-infection, it is difficult to distinguish between an old infection and a new infection using a blood test.
Prevention and Treatments of Lyme Disease?
People treated with antibiotics for early Lyme disease usually recover rapidly and completely.
The antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease include: doxycycline, amoxicillin, or cefuroxime axetil.
Some patients may have persistent or recurrent symptoms and may require another course of antibiotics.
Where people infected by Lyme disease?
In the United States, most infections occur in the following areas:
- Eastern states, primarily New England and the mid-Atlantic
- Northern midwestern states, especially in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and the Great Lakes region
- West Coast, particularly northern California and less commonly, Oregon and Washington
- सुबह उठने के बाद कमर में हो रहा है तेज दर्द तो जाने इसके कारण और उपचार FacebookTwitter 27 total views सुबह उठने के बाद कमर में हो रहा है तेज दर्द तो जाने इसके कारण और उपचार Back Pain In Morning: बदलती जीवनशैली में इंसान कई तरह की परेशानियों से गुजर रहा …
- जोड़ों के दर्द को दूर करने के लिए रक्त में यूरिक एसिड के स्तर को नियंत्रित करने के अचूक उपाए FacebookTwitter 51 total views जोड़ों के दर्द को दूर करने के लिए रक्त में यूरिक एसिड के स्तर को नियंत्रित करने के अचूक उपाए Blood Uric Acid Control: प्रत्येक व्यक्ति के रक्त में यूरिक एसिड होता …
- सर्दियों में पेट्रोलियम जेली उपयोग करने के फायदे और नुकसानFacebookTwitter 124 total views पेट्रोलियम जेली को उपयोग करने के फायदे (Benefits of using Petroleum Jelly) पेट्रोलियम जेली के फायदे और सुरक्षा: जल्द ही पेट्रोलियम जेली पूरे घर में दिखने वाली है क्योंकि सर्दी आने ही वाली …
- चहरे की झुर्रियों और दांत दर्द को ठीक करे आक का फूल, इस तरह करें इस्तेमालFacebookTwitter 234 total views आक के फूलों से सेहत को होने वाले फायदे Aak Flower Benefits: झाड़ियों में आपने आक का पौधा लगा हुआ काफी बार देखा होगा, जिसे कई नामों से भी जाना जाता है, जिसमें …
- सर्दियों में हो हाथ-पैरों में जकड़न, तो इन तरीकों से करें ठीकFacebookTwitter 452 total views सर्दियों में हो हाथ-पैरों की जकड़न को कैसे ठीक करें? जकड़न का उपचार (Stiffness Remedies) सर्दियों का सीजन शुरू होने वाला है। इस सीजन में शरीर में कई तरह की परेशानियां होने …