5,677 total views
What is White blood cells (WBCs Count)?
WBC count also called leukocytes or leucocytes are the cells of the immune system that are involved in defending the body against both infections and foreign harmful antigens. (Watch WBC video on Youtube)
Increase number of total leukocytes count more than 10,000/cu mm is known as leukocytosis.
Decrease numbers of less than 4,000/cu mm known as leuckocytopenia.
What causes of High WBC count or leukocytes?
It is common for a transient period in infections.
The degree of rise in leukocytes depend on the type and severity of the infection and the response of the body.
The infection may be.
- Protozoal (Malaria)
- Parasitic (Filaria, Hookworm)
- Leukemia (blood Cancer)
High WBC count in normal Condition?
Wbc count or TLC also increase some physiological condition.
- AGE: At birth the total leukocytes count is about 18,000/cu mm . Its drops gradually to adult level.
- Pregnancy:At full term the total count tends to be about 12,000 to 15,000/cu mm. It rises soon after delivery and than gradually returns to normal.
- High temperature.
- Severe pain.
- Muscular exercise.
What causes of low WBC count or leukopenia?
Certain Viral and bacterial infections (typhoid) lead to leukopenia rather than leukocytosis.
- Bacterial (typhoid, Paratyphoid, Tuberculosis etc.).
- Viral (Hepatitis, Influenza,Measles etc).
- Protozoal (Malaria)
2. Some causes of Luekemia.
3. Primary bone marrow depression (AAplastic anemia).
4. Secondary bone marrow depression( due to drugs, radiation etc.)
5. Anemia (Iron deficiency, Megaloblastic etc).
Normal values of WBC count.
Normal values of total leukocytes count depend on patients age.
|At Birth||10,000-25,000/cu mm|
|1 to 3 Years||6,000-18,000/cu mm|
|4 to 7 Years||6,000-15,000/cu mm|
|8 to 12 Years||4,500-13,500/cu mm|
Types of White blood cells Count (WBC) leukocytes.
There are five types white blood cells (wbcs) present in human body.
- Neutrophils (Polymorph)
White blood cells related to specific types of disorders.
Its gives ideas regarding the severity of the disease and the degree of response of the body.
Neutrophils are a type of white blood cells Neutrophils protest the body against bacterial infection
When the neutrophils count increase in the body its indicates bacterial infection.
Increase in the percentage of neutrophils is called Neutrophilia.
Normal values: 40-75%
High Neutrophils Count
Increase in the percentage of Neutrophils is called neutrophilia.
All the the physiological and pathological causes that rise to Neutrophila.
- Pyogenic bacterial Infection
- Blood cell-related cancers such as leukemia.
- Autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Trauma and burns.
- Pregnancy. ( Duable Marker)
Low Neutrophils Count
Decrease in the percentage of Neutrophils Count called Netropenia.
All the the physiological and pathological causes that rise to Neutroenia.
- Bacterial infection
- Viral infection
- Aplastic Anemia
- Megaloblastic Anemia
- Suppression of bone marrow by Drugs and radiation etc.
Lymphocytes are a type of WBC count these produced in the Bone Marrow and Its also produced in the Lymph system.
These cells function are phagocytosis, anti body production and defend the body against foreign substances,
Such as bacteria, viruses, and cancer cells that can threaten its functioning.
Normal Values: 20-45%
High Lymphocytes Count
Increase number of Lymphocytes called Lymphocytosis.
Some specific causes of an increased Lymphocytes count (Lymphocytosis) include:
- Acute Viral Infection
- Infectious Mononueleosis
- Epstein-bars virus infections
- Tuberculosis (टीबी का आधुनिक और सफल इलाज़ )
- Acute lymphocytic Leukaemia (Test for bladder cancer detection)
- Chronic lymphocytes leukaemia etc.
Low Lymphocytes Count
Low number of Lymphocytes called Lymphocytopenia.
Some specific causes of an decrease Lymphocytes count (Lymphocytopenia) include:
- Viral Hepatitis
- Typhoid fever
- Autoimmune disoders
- Blood Cancer (Ovarian Cancer)
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Aplastic Anaemia
- Chemotherapy etc.
It is observed in asthma, Hypersensitivity reaction, parasitic infestations and in chronic inflammatory disease.
Their function is thought to be anti-allergic.
Normal Value:- 1-6%
High levels of Eosinophils
Increase number of Eosinophils called Esonophilia.
- Indicates a parasitic infection
- allergic reaction
- Hypersensitivity reaction
- Chronic inflammatory disease
Low Level of Eosinophils Count
- Intoxication from alcohol
- Excessive production of cortisol
- Cushing’s disease Etc.
Monocytes are a type of white blood cells its produced in the bone morrow.
Their function is phagocytosis (engulfing) and they digest the damaged tissues.
Normal Value of Monocytes:- 2-8%
High Level of Monocytes
Some specific causes of an increased Monocytes in blood.
- Chronic inflammatory disease.
- Parasitic infection.
- Tuberculosis, or TB (bacterial infection that involves the lungs)
- Viral infection
- Measles etc.
Low levels of Monocytes
A low number of monocytes in the blood (monocytopenia) can be caused by anything that decreases the overall white blood cell count.
- Bloodstream infection
- Bone marrow disorder.
It is observed in Chronic Myeloid Luekemia.
Normal level of Basophils: 0-1%
High level of Basophils Count.
Basophils are a type of white blood cells. Increase basophil level is called basophilia
- Chronic inflammation
- Chronic Myeloid Luekemia.
Low levels of Basophils.
If your basophil level is low, it may be due to a severe allergic reaction.
- Polio: पोलियो के लक्षण, कारण, टेस्ट, बचाव, इलाज़ और घरेलू उपचारFacebookTwitter 5,362 total views Post Tag– Polio vaccine,polio,ipv vaccine,poliovirus,poliomyelitis,opv vaccine,polio causes,polio drops,brain diseases,paralysis treatment,paralysis attack,pollio,dpt vaccine,polio is caused by,what is polio. पल्स पोलियो के खाश अभियान के बावजूद पोलियो आज भी प्रगतिशील और पिछड़े देशों के डॉक्टरों के लिए चुनौती बना हुआ है। हर साल हजारों की […]
- Gout : गाउट (गठिया) लक्षण, कारण, टेस्ट,मैडिसिन और घरेलू उपचारFacebookTwitter 3,205 total views Post Tag-Gout,uric acid,gout diet,gout treatment,gout symptoms,what causes gout,what is gout,uric acid treatment,what is uric acid,uric acid diet,uric acid level,uric acid symptoms,foods that cause gout,uric acid pain,normal uric acid level. गाउट (गठिया) क्या है ? What is Gout? गाउट (गठिया) क्या है […]
- Syphilis सिफलिस Causes, Symptoms, Test, Treatment, Home RemediesFacebookTwitter 3,999 total views Post Tag- syphilis,सिफलिस,syphilis test,vdrl test,syphilis meaning,syphilis treatment,syphilis disease,vdrl test means,syphilis causes,vdrl blood test,vdrl positive,syphilis symptoms. सिफलिस क्या है?What is Syphilis? सिफलिस क्या है?What is Syphilis?सिफलिस के लक्षण- Syphilis Symptoms in Hindi?प्राथमिक अवस्था- First Stage Syphilis symptoms: द्वितीय अवस्था- Secondary Stage Syphilis symptoms:तृतीय अवस्था-Third […]
- सुजाक Gonorrhea के लक्षण कारण टेस्ट और उपचारFacebookTwitter 6,241 total views Gonorrhea–Gonorrhea symptoms,Gonorrhea treatment,Gonorrhea symptoms in men,is Gonorrhea curable,treatment for Gonorrhea,Gonorrhea in men,what is Gnorrhea,Gonorrhea ka ilaj,Gonococcal infection. सुजाक (गोनोरिया) क्या है What is Gonorrhea? सुजाक (गोनोरिया) क्या है What is Gonorrhea?सुजाक के कारण Causes of Gonorrhea?सुजाक के लक्षण Symptoms of Gonorrhea?सुजाक […]
- Miscarriage गर्भपात के लक्षण कारण प्रकार बचाव और उपचारFacebookTwitter 3,977 total views गर्भपात (Miscarriage)– Recurrent miscarriage, abortion, signs of miscarriage,abortion,early signs of pregnancy discharge,conception symptoms,miscarriage causes, गर्भपात क्या है?What is Miscarriage? गर्भपात क्या है?What is Miscarriage?गर्भपात होने के कारण Causes of Miscarriage?1– बाहरी कारण: (External Causes Abortion)2-शारीरिक रोग (Internal Causes Miscarriage)3- गर्भाशय के रोग […]